St. Peter’s & Considerations in Light of COVID-19
Dear friends, Jesus promises to be with us always! He promises us eternal life, now and forevermore! Our Lord in Isaiah 41:10 —10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
And the Psalmist says —1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. 2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea. (Psalm 46:1-2).
We know that even in difficult times, our Lord will not leave us or forsake us, however, he has also given us wisdom to be good stewards of all he has given us, including our bodies and the care of others. With the warnings and direction given by our federal and state governments, we are making the following changes at St. Peter’s:
- We will cancel worship on Sunday mornings, together with Bible study and Sunday School.
- We will cancel the rest of our Lenten Worship services.
- We encourage everyone to consider using our online giving at www.mywels.com/giveonline. Or send in you offerings in the mail. May the Lord continue to bless our Kingdom work.
- We will have services available online, either live or following. You can check to find where to go via this link: http://mywels.com/live.
- Private Communion is available for members that would like to meet with pastor at church.
- We will not have Jesus Cares Bible Study on Mondays for the next month.
Please be aware that in Jesus you have great hope and the certainty of eternal life. Jesus will never leave you and will use this to grow us in our faith and to lift our eyes to him. Isn’t it amazing how quickly the Lord can bring our busy world to a standstill. He is still God. Many are blind to his wisdom and do not acknowledge him. However, you do and know the wisdom of God. You know the peace and certainty that comes only in Jesus!! You have a living hope (1 Peter 1). Jesus calms your fear! Share this certainty with others. Look for opportunities to speak to your loved ones, your neighbors, coworkers and point them to Jesus. We hear of Jesus opening the eyes of the blind man and giving him wisdom, while also making those who see, blind. True life comes only in Jesus, not just here in this world, but for eternity.
Look for opportunities to show Christian love to others around you! If you know someone that is sick, look for ways you can help or provide in their need. If any of you need any help, please just call and we at St. Peter’s will do what we can to help!! God be with you!! Pastor Green